Our Desires

"... we would like to see Jesus "   [John 12:21]

Evermore the worldling’s cry is, “Who will show us any good?” They seeks satisfaction in earthly comforts, enjoyments, and riches. But the quickened sinner knows of only one good. "I wish I knew where I might find Him!"  When he is truly awakened to feel his guilt, if you could lay a fortune before him, he would say, “Take it away: I want to find Him.” It is a blessed thing for a man, when he has brought his desires into a focus, so that they all centre in one object. When he has fifty different desires, his heart resembles a mire of stagnant water, spreading out into a marsh, breeding miasma and pestilence; but when all his desires are brought into one direction, his heart becomes like a river of pure water, running swiftly to fertilize the fields. Happy is he who has one desire, if that one desire be set on Christ, though it may not yet have been realized. If Jesus be a soul’s desire, it is a blessed indication of divine work within. Such a man will never be content with mere ordinances. He will say, “I want Christ; I must have him—mere ordinances are of no use to me; I want Himself; do not offer me these; you offer me the empty pitcher, while I am dying of thirst; give me water, or I die. Jesus is my soul’s desire. I would see Jesus!” Is this your condition, at this moment? Have you one desire in your heart, and is that after Christ? Then you are not far from the kingdom of heaven. Have you one wish in your heart, that you may be washed from all your sins in Jesus’ blood? Can you really say, “I would give all I have to be a Christian; I would give up everything I have and hope for, if I might only feel that I have an interest in Christ?” Then, despite all your fears, be of good cheer, the Lord loves you, and you will come out into daylight soon, and rejoice in the liberty wherewith Christ makes you free. Hallelujah God bless
__________

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Your True Purpose

The Teeter - Totter Syndrome

The God Who Saves