Hold Me Up

“Do not forsake me, O Lord...”  [Psalm 38:21]

Frequently we pray that God would not forsake us in the hour of trial and temptation, but sometimes we forget that we need to use this pray at all times. There is no moment of our life that can go without His constant upholding care. Whether in light or in darkness, in communion or in temptation, we need to pray just as much, “[Lord], don’t turn away from me,” and “Hold me up, and I will be safe (Psa.119:117).” A child learning to walk needs the constant help of his mother. A ship left by the captain easily drifts off course. We can not make it without continued aid from above; so, let it be your prayer today, “Forsake me not Father, forsake not your child, or I will fall by the hand of the enemy." Shepherd, don’t abandon your lamb, or he may wander from the safety of the fold. Great Gardener, don’t ignore your plants, or they will wither and die. Lord, don’t leave me now or ever. Don’t abandon me in my joys or they may steal my heart. Don’t leave me in my sorrows or I may complain against you. Don’t leave me in my repentance or I may lose the hope of pardon and fall into despair; and don’t leave me in the day of my strongest faith or it may degenerate into presumption. Don’t turn away from me for any reason because without You I am weak, but with You I am strong. Don’t leave me alone for my path is dangerous, and I need Your guidance. “Don’t be far from me, Lord, for trouble is near, and there is no one else who can help (Psa.22:11).”  "Don’t leave me, neither turn away from me! O God, of my salvation." (Psa.27:9) "O, ever in our cleansed breast, bid Your Eternal Spirit rest, and make our secret soul to be Your pure and worthy Temple"
Hallelujah amen ... God bless
_____

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Your True Purpose

The Teeter - Totter Syndrome

The God Who Saves