I Am God's Unique Creation

Receive
Today's passage: Psalm 139  

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”  Psalm 139:13-14

Reflect
*. I'm a unique creation God placed here for the purpose of His design. Do I truly believe this--even when I feel stuck?


*. How can the truth of this help to get me unstuck?

*. How can I figure out what God's unique purpose is for me?

We all suffer through periods when we feel lost, unmoored, and without direction. We flounder, wondering if we are on the right path, or whether there is even a path meant specifically for us at all. We might even begin to doubt God's presence in our lives. In dark times like these it's more important than ever to return to Scripture, so we can read with our own eyes exactly how involved and in tune God is with each one of us. He searches us and knows us. He knows our comings and goings and is familiar with who we are and how we think and act. And He is always with us, His hand guiding us and holding us close--even when we can't quite feel it ourselves.

Respond
Ask for change: Lord, guide me today; help me know the purpose You have created just for me.


Consider what's real: It's perfectly normal to experience times in your life when you feel frustrated, hopeless, weary, and worthless. It's normal, too, to wonder what God has in store for you and to question what His purpose might be. God's ways and plans are not always clear and obvious, and His timeline doesn't always unfold exactly the way we might like. Know in your heart, though, that God's plans for you are right, perfect, and good, and He will continue to "lead you in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:24).

Additional verses to consider: Matthew 10:30-31, Jeremiah 29:11  Ron Moore

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Your True Purpose

The Teeter - Totter Syndrome

The God Who Saves