Praise The Lord, O My Soul

"Praise the Lord, my soul, all , all my inmost being, praise his holy name!."  (Psalm 103:1)

The psalm begins and ends with the psalmist preaching to his soul to praise the Lord, and preaching to the angels and the hosts of heaven and the works of God’s hands. The psalm is overwhelmingly focused on praising the Lord. What does it mean to praise the Lord? It means to speak well of his greatness and goodness. What David is doing in the first and last verses of this psalm, when he says, “Praise the Lord, O my soul,” is saying that speaking about God’s goodness and greatness must come from the soul. Praising God with the mouth without the soul would be hypocrisy. Jesus said,

‘These people honor me with their lips,  but their hearts are far from me.    
They worship me in vain;  their teachings are merely human rules.’  
(Matthew 15:8-9).

Come soul, look at the greatness and goodness of God. Join my mouth, and let us praise the Lord with our whole being.  Bless the Lord, God bless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Your True Purpose

The Teeter - Totter Syndrome

The God Who Saves