Stability is the mark of a mature Christian.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."   (John 14:27)

In John 14:27, Jesus says, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives,"  God has given us peace so that we can be stable even in the midst of hard times, Jesus' peace, however, isn't like the world's peace, which depends on our circumstances; rather, God's peace is internal. God's peace allows believers to be stable even in the midst of hard circumstances, difficult trials, and uncertain times. It's no wonder Paul said that he could be content, i.e. stable, in all circumstances: "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."  (Philippians 4:11-12). And what was Paul's "secret"? As the Bible says in Philippians 4:13: "I can do everything through him who gives me strength"  The key to contentment and stability is living in, through, and with God in everything. Like Paul, a mature Christian is able to remain content and stable in all circumstances. Hallelujah, God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Your True Purpose

The Teeter - Totter Syndrome

The God Who Saves