God Always Has The Last Word

God always has the last word

“I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:38,39).

May I say that I generally am not fond of my children having the last word? All too often that last word is a complaint or criticism, usually accompanied by eye-rolling, sighs, or tsking.

May I say also that I am ecstatic that my Savior always has the last word? Risen from the dead, ascended to heaven to the supreme seat of power over all things, the Lord Jesus has the final say over everything that happens on planet Earth.

Here are Scripture’s promises to you:

“I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:38,39).

When Jesus has the last word in our troubles, it sounds like this: “I love you.” “You will be okay.” “I will guarantee that Satan can’t harm you.” “This is temporary--heaven is eternal.” “Your fears are illusions--my commitment to you is real.” “I will make even your hardships work out for your good.”

Know what? I can exhale now. You can too. God bless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Your True Purpose

The Teeter - Totter Syndrome

The God Who Saves