Build Your Reputation

A friend of mine had a T-shirt that read, “If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself years ago.” Ain’t that the truth! And it’s true not only of health issues but sex, money, and crime as well. Mistakes and sins of the past never go away, and many come ’round to bite us later.

Every year idealistic and excited people try to get a loan to buy their first home only to find out that they had ruined their credit rating long ago. Because of their reputation, no bank will lend them a dime. If you suffer a jewelry theft, or if you total your car, those things can be replaced. If you ruin your reputation, you will find that it is ten times harder to restore.

"A good name is more desirable than great riches;
to be esteemed is better than silver or gold."  ~Proverbs 22:1 (NIV)

Tell the truth. Pay your bills. Live within your means. Keep your word. Do what you say you’re going to do. Wait until you can afford it. Do I sound like your father? I do? Thank you! God bless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Your True Purpose

The Teeter - Totter Syndrome

The God Who Saves