Coping With Anxiety

Honor God by Taking Care of His Temple:
Coping with anxiety

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life,
what you will eat or drink; or about your body,
what you will wear. Is not life more than food,
and the body more than clothes?"  Matthew 6:25

Are you a worrier? How can you tell whether what’s on your mind is worry (bad) or just prudent concern and planning (good)?

Here are some diagnostic factors: does your mind often panic? Do your thoughts generally jump right away to the worst possible outcome? Do you assume that bad things will happen and lighten up only when the news is okay? Do you have very vivid memories of everything that went wrong in your past? Do you collect stories of friends’ disasters?

Would you like some help, worriers of the world? Jesus said to his friends, “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life” (Matthew 6:25). If my next-door neighbor said that, I might just keep worrying. When my Lord Jesus says that, and guarantees that his Father, who is also my Father, knows my needs and will provide at the right time, then I can chill. You can too.
God Bless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Your True Purpose

The Teeter - Totter Syndrome

The God Who Saves