Work Ethic

Work Ethic

There is a sound track running in most guys’ brains (and probably a lot of women’s too), and it goes like this: “I don’t want to work. I just want to bang on the drum all day.”

When children are babies, their parents are their servants, even slaves, because they are so helpless. Teenagers kind of want it to stay that way. Teaching my own children to work willingly has proven to be one of the hardest aspects of my parenting (and it brings back faint memories of my own resistance to my father). They don’t want to work.

I think Satan himself wears a feed cap that says, “Take this job and shove it.” Let us pray for God’s help and strength and guidance so that this generation of adults does not fail to pass on God’s mind-set to the next.

"Discipline your children, for in that there is hope;
do not be a willing party to their death."  ~Proverbs 19:18 (NIV)

Hey, kid--take this job and love it. God bless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Your True Purpose

The Teeter - Totter Syndrome

The God Who Saves